Darren Roos, Corporate BIM/VDC Director at Bernards, joined Assemble Systems for a webinar to share how his company leverages Assemble for the bid process.
Bernards has been using Assemble for over two years, to extract all the needed information out of a Revit model for:
- Accurate understanding of building systems
- Validation of quantities, takeoffs for reduced errors
- Quick insight to scope and scope gaps in original estimate templates
With Assemble you can extract data for quantities, takeoffs, and verification in the architecture, structural, and mechanical models and share the information in Assemble, or export to Excel or Navisworks. Any changes made will be identified in the exports.
Throughout the bid process here are just some of the benefits of Assemble:
- Functions as the central database for information
- Provides visual verification of quantities and what they correspond to in the model
- Assists architects in fine tuning the model
- Saves construction companies time with quantity takeoffs
- Enables subcontractors to provide a more accurate number
During bid day, every minute counts. Using Assemble lets Bernards save time by quickly comparing estimates with incoming subcontractors bids, and verify last minute changes, providing for greater accuracy.
Learn more about how Bernards is saving time and finding greater accuracy in using Assemble.