Certified Assemble Views Power BI Connector
Assemble has certified the Views Power BI connector with Microsoft. What this means for you:
- Simplified setup process
- Do not need a local copy of the connector
- Automatic updates to the connector when new versions are available
- Do not need to install and maintain on-premise data gateways for scheduled refreshes
- Do not need to lower security settings to use the Assemble Views Power BI connector
**Note: Assemble will no longer be providing updates to the local copies of the connectors unless there are breaking changes.
To utilize the certified Assemble Views connector for existing reports:
- Follow the instructions below
- Delete the Assemble_Views Connector from your Customer Connector folder
To view the documentation for the new certified Assemble Views connector follow the link below and then select the Assemble Views connector:
Instructions on how to update existing reports:
Open Power BI
Click Open report
Click on the file to open your saved report
Once the file has loaded, click on Transform data
If you already deleted the file in the Custom Connector folder, you will see a warning for each query
If you have not deleted the file in the Custom Connector folder, your query will not show any warnings
Open each query with Advanced Editor
Remove the underscore from Assemble_Views
**Note: This needs to be done for each query that exists in your saved report.
New Feature: Point in Time
This new feature allows you to utilize data from a version that is the latest at a specified point in time.
For example, you have 3 versions of your data:
- Version 1 was saved on 12-21-2020
- Version 2 was saved on 03-01-2021
- Version 3 was saved on 06-15-2021
If you want to pull the version as of 06-01-2021, then Version 2 data will be displayed.
To utilize this new feature, you need to add the new parameter viewAtDate after your site url. If you want to always pull the latest version, no changes need to be made. To utilize the new Point in Time feature, follow the instructions below.
Setup Point In Time Feature:
Open a query you want to specify for a point in time with the Advanced Editor
Enter the following after your site url:
, #date(yyyy, mm, dd)),
Now your query will display the version that is the latest as of the date you specified.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Autodesk Support team.