The move from 2D drawings to 3D models is well underway and gaining steam in the architectural, engineering, and construction industry, thanks to tangible bottom-line returns from streamlined workflows. But coordinated project delivery means that 2D drawings will never entirely go away. That’s a good thing!
In fact, there are plenty of benefits when using 2D documents and BIM models together. Assemble integrates these 2D files and 3D models for the most advanced model information platform available, Assemble Insight.
Important for Estimators and Project Members:
- Estimators are more comfortable with BIM when they can reference 2D drawings alongside the models
- Quantities are available for all modeled objects
- Quickly and easily visualize the final takeoff, and see items taken off in both views instantly
- Bridge the gap between project teams with instant access to relevant sheets and 3D models
- Cross referencing allows the 2D selection to be shown in 3D models
- Ability to access objects and attributes from either the model or the 2D drawings without leaving Assemble
Assemble’s 2D Solution Will:
- Assist in providing complete scope by referencing the drawings and the models.
- Provide easy-to-understand data for all estimators and project managers.
- Allow content to stay updated between views.
- Permit easy navigation between the model and 2D documents.
- Give simple access to the meta-data of 2D and 3D.
Be sure to check out Assemble Insight, the industry’s most advanced model data management solution from Assemble, an award-winning leader in the industry.
John Mamuscia is an Account Executive at Assemble Systems. Mr Mamuscia is a Building Information Modeling (BIM) & Management solutions provider, who has over 15 years’ experience in developing and implementing best practice solutions in virtual construction. He is experienced in software for design (3D), construction (4D/5D) and facility management (6D).
If you enjoyed this post, please help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or LinkedIn.